Welcome to the Fenton Firefighters Charities Site
Thank you for supporting our 2017 Annual Charity Golf Outing
On Saturday August 19th, we hosted our 11th annual charity golf outing event at the Coyote Preserve in Fenton. Our event Title sponsor was the Fenton Fire Hall restaurant. This year was our biggest year so far with having 121 golfers. The day started with a putting competition where everyone circled the practice green and had to putt a ball between their legs to a spot in the center of the green. Whoever was closest won a prize for the contest. We then teed off at 8am for a 4 man best ball scramble format. Learn more…
Did you know that since our Charity’s inception in 2006 we have…Did you know that since our Charity’s inception in 2006 we have…
- Donated tens of thousands of dollars to local families here in the Fenton area.
- “Adopted” 6-8 children annually to buy gifts for during Christmas.
- Hosted multiple food giveaway events in which families in need can grocery shop for FREE at our fire station.
- Teamed up with Fenton Methodist Church every Thanksgiving to donate food baskets to needy families in our area.
- Helped support many families that have been struck by a recent tragedy.
- Supported Delivering Hope’s food drive and fill the book bag school supply drive.
- Hosted multiple car seat safety checks.
- Given out FREE smoke and CO detectors.
- Helped sponsor many attendees visiting Great Lakes Burn Camp.
- Helped many fellow Michigan firefighters whom have become ill or injured.
- Supported Salvation Army’s “Fill the Truck” and Kettle Bell events.
Recent Past Events
- On May 22nd, we hosted our annual Blood Drive. Thank you to those who could take the time to stop in to make a donation and help save a life.
- Thursday May 25th, Firefighters placed memorial flags at the grave sites of our past city firefighters who dedicated their life to our department over the years.
Saturday September 24th we hosted another Food Giveaway event at our station. We teamed up with Play Like Jackson Foundation and St. Jude’s Church to purchase food from the Eastern Michigan Food Bank. From 9:00AM-11:00AM, we invited anyone in our area in need of food to come grocery shop at our station. Shoppers were able to get items such as frozen meat, fresh fruit and vegetables, snack foods, drinks, boxed baked goods, new toiletry items and more. Over 200 families from the area visited the event and we had over 20 volunteers on hand helping out. Local school students also volunteered by helping carry groceries to the shoppers vehicles when they were finished shopping.
Our charity has been created by the dedicated firefighters from the City of Fenton, Michigan, who truly believe that we can make a difference in our community. As we respond into the community we can observe up close the personal situations where people truly need a hand to live and succeed. We seek to plant positive seeds in and around our community for the benefit of the whole community.
Pictured to the left. Above: Firefighters helping with the Thanksgiving Turkey food drive at Fenton United Methodist Church.